Chorizo, Habanero and Chive Potato Salad by Mom De Cuisine
This recipe is a hoarder’s justification: I still had a little bit of chive aioli from my salmon wraps that I just couldn’t throw out; and since I had planned to throw some stuff on the grill, I thought I’d put it toward good use it in a potato salad. See, it’s good to hang on to stuff…you never know when you’ll need it again!
Chorizo, Habanero and Chive Potato Salad Recipe
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Total time 25 mins
- 1 lb baby red potatoes
- 1 link chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 small habanero pepper, diced and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup chive aioli
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Put the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water. Heavily salt the water and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the potatoes until they are just fork tender. Drain the water and cool them.
- While the potatoes cook, sauté the diced chorizo and habanero over medium high heat until the chorizo browns, about 2-4 minutes. Remove the chorizo mixture to a paper towel to drain and cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the aioli, onion, cumin and honey. Mix in the chorizo.
- Fold in the potatoes and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and chill.
The potato salad will keep up to three days, chilled in an airtight container.
Maybe you like to refer another food recipes in the website
The written and photographic in this article are reference and redaction from http://momdecuisine.net/2012/06/05/chorizo-habanero-and-chive-potato-salad/